Friday, January 25, 2013

To Chocolate or Not to Chocolate

I'm still debating whether or not to run the race tomorrow morning. Still under the weather, I really want to make sure I don't get worse - which is what happened in December...I just miss racing!

In the meantime, I realized that I haven't stretched in over 3 years. It started as a way to save time, then I realized it made no difference to my run. To Stretch or not to Stretch is an interesting article I read ages ago that helped influence my lazy decision. I've had very few injuries - the only one I had that was serious happened when I got pregnant. This morning I woke up early so I could just stretch. I threw on a dvd and to be honest - it felt really good!

I've also noticed that since changing my foot fall from a heavy heel-stomper to mid-foot runner, I haven't had sore feet. When I was pregnant with Oden, I had to wear orthopedic shoes! While 5" heels are sadly out of the question, I can wear pumps again and flats. I was really afraid that I'd be back in the Dansko's. I also think I walk a lot less. Rather than long walks around the city, biking & running has saved my feet and knees.

Let me know who's running tomorrow - I might need group motivation!!

- As a follow up....

It really doesn't seem like I'll be running in the morning! But I'll definitely hit the treadmill..it'll be a superfun race for those who do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment