Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cherry Tree Debate

The Cherry Tree Debate: Is 10 miles too long for 30 weeks of pregnancy? 

Yesterday was my first time on a treadmill in almost a year. I only had 20 minutes at the gym and I raced through a warm up, cool down and 2 mile run with an incline. It felt great! but BORING! If I'm going to run at the gym - I'm going to have to figure out what to do with myself. Aside from not getting the fresh air, I don't really love looking at a machine, or staring at my face. The Hungry Runner Girl is watching Parenthood - maybe I should think about TV as an entertainment option.

We joined the Bedstuy YMCA so that we could work out as a family. Oden and EK went swimming, but we weren't totally organized and showed up nearing the end of the swim time and without caps. It took O a little time to get used to the pool and dip his feet in, but he was fearless in the end! Hopefully next weekend will bring about a little more time for my workout, but I can also head over there in the mornings rather than run in the dark.

I missed the Hot Chocolate Race yesterday - and everyone that ran it had fun but it was a SLOW race because of the snow on the path. I'm now thinking about doing the Cherry Tree 10-miler in 2 weeks. I haven't pushed past 7 miles in quite some time, but I always run this race and don't really want to miss it! I still have the funny hate from last year. It is a late start so that makes it a little easier for me to waddle over to (I'm not really waddling, but it feels close.) My time last year was so great, and I ended up just running an extra 3.5 miles home after the race. Likely, I'll take a cab this year - but I think it would be fun.


4 comments:

  1. if you want to I'll do it but you know how I feel about that damn race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you hate that race! And the slanted route is likely to mess up my right side again...but it's a tradition.. that includes a really silly hat..

      Delete
  2. glad u had a good treadmill run, if it's gotta be on the 'dreadmill' always helpful to keep it fast and with a hard workout planned.
    so happy to see u're handling the running and pregnancy well, my mom ran through all of her four children so i give major props to you! if u do decide to run that race then for darn sure make sure u aren't stuck sans a way home at the end this time! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "dreadmill"...it's going to make me laugh when I do it again this weekend -thanks Cait!

    ReplyDelete