Wednesday, January 30, 2013

55 in January

To celebrate the incredibly warm day that we had today, I thought it would be fun to hit the pavement at lunch. My colleague, Ryan, came out with me and didn't laugh at my incredibly slow pace...thanks Ryan! I can't say I was totally prepared, but managed to throw together some tights, some insane pouffy shorts, a long t-shirt and a scarf that doubles as a headband. 

Ryan and I at the 2m mark near Battery Park

And here is the bump!!!
Despite my fair efforts, there is a good chance that I have actually been eating too much and I'm a little nervous about my 'weigh-in' tomorrow (aka prenatal checkup). I haven't been running as hard or as frequently as I would like - after all, I'm pregnant. But I'm probably still eating a few too many snacks every afternoon. The funny thing is that I wake up in the middle of the night with a growling stomach when I don't graze the whole day. I'm really going to try to cut the sugar out for a while. Fingers crossed about tomorrow.

The baby is starting to weigh a lot more and I've been noticing a strain when walking or running on my lower abdomen. Has anyone had this problem before? I'm going to read through The Hungry Runner Girl's posts and NYC Running Mama. They are the only 2 ladies that have documented running throughout their pregnancies in such a greatly detailed way. Let me know if you have any experiences you can share regarding your pregnancy running stories!

(PS. Snacks I ate today: strawberries, banana, licorice, cookies, small bag of pop chips with my lunch - how bad is that?)

1 comment:

  1. As someone familiar with those dreaded "snack bins" at the office, it's almost impossible not to snack!!!! Pop Tarts anyone?

    ReplyDelete