Monday, February 4, 2013

Discipline

I've been thinking a lot about discipline lately. It takes a lot of discipline to be a runner. Lately, it takes even more to be a runner with a 3 year old, a demanding full time job and a growing bump. Sometimes, I'm just tired.

However, being tired has never really stopped me from throwing down a few miles. Neither has pain, quite frankly. Last summer, I ran through plantar's fasciitis, then an IT band injury had me hobbling through training runs and I took very little time off. I've been known to over-do it. It's difficult to over-do when I have 14 pounds of baby bouncing around my belly!

I'm nearing the end of my week off of running, and feeling that it is going to take just as much discipline to "slow down" for a while. Missing the adrenaline highs and freedom that running offers, is tough. I'm looking forward to trying out the support band, and the new Bluebirds if they ever get here!

No comments:

Post a Comment