Sunday, February 17, 2013

Excuses Excuses

"You may be feeling tired these days, especially if you're having trouble sleeping. You might also feel clumsier than normal, which is perfectly understandable. Not only are you heavier, but the concentration of weight in your pregnant belly causes a shift in your center of gravity. Plus, thanks to hormonal changes, your ligaments are more lax. So your joints are looser, which may also contribute to your balance being off.

Remember those mood swings you had earlier in pregnancy? The combination of uncomfortable symptoms and hormonal changes can result in a return of those emotional ups and downs."

So, aside from being tired and clumsy - I'm still planning to run twice this week. I've really cut it back, but added pilates to the mix. Obviously, I'm happy that the baby is getting bigger - but it's really a challenge to deal with blubbering out!

Today I crawled through tunnels and pitched myself into a pit of pillows and stuffed animals - chased around Oden a little at the Children's Museum and now it's 9pm and can't keep my eyes open. I've always been pretty stubborn (determined) to push physical limits - but in the 8 or 9 weeks before little #2 shows up, there is a good chance I'll try to relax!

That said - there's a race coming up in March for kids that I think I'll enter O into. It looks like a ton of fun and he can run anywhere from 25 yards to a 1/2 mile. I think he can pull a 1/2 mile to be honest. He has the stamina! Coogan's Salsa, Blues and Shamrocks - Join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment